BREAKING NEWS – NDIS: NSW Rollout announced.
DISCOVERING HOW NDIS AND PARAQUAD WORKS WITH YOU
In NSW, the first stage of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been launched in the Hunter. Servicing the Hunter region for over 40 years, ParaQuad NSW is an experienced registered provider to support you with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Who will be eligible for support in the first stage locations of an NDIS?
When fully implemented, the NDIS will provide support to people who have a permanent and significant disability, which affects their ability to participate in the community or employment and requires care and support.
If you are a person with a disability and you meet the access requirements you can become a participant in the scheme. As a participant, you will be able to access NDIS individualised planning processes to identify the reasonable and necessary supports you need to enable you to achieve your goals. To get an idea about whether you meet the access requirements, you can use the My Access Checker which is available at www.disabilitycareaustralia.gov.au/my-access-checker. The tool is anonymous and will determine if you can access assistance from NDIS.
How can ParaQuad NSW assist me?
ParaQuad NSW is a registered NDIS provider in New South Wales that supports the following classes of support:
• Accommodation/tenancy assistance
• Assistance with daily personal activities and household tasks
• Assistive equipment for leisure, recreation, general tasks and demands
• Assistive products for household tasks
• Assistive technology specialist assessment, set up and training
• Participation in community, social and civic activities
• Specialised assessment of skills, abilities and needs
• Managing life stages, transitions and supports
• Assistive products for personal care and safety
• Development of daily living and life skills
• Management of funding for support under a participants plan
• Physical wellbeing activities
• Training for independence in travel and transport
Where can I find more information about the first stage?
Phone: 1800 800 110 Skype: 1800 800 110 FREE 8am-8pm (EST) weekdays
Electricity Rebate a Welcome Move for People With Quadriplegia
ParaQuad NSW Chief Executive Officer Max Bosotti has backed today’s announcement by Energy Minister Anthony Roberts to expand the Life Support Rebate for the cost of powering electric mobility devices.
“People with quadriplegia rely on electric wheelchairs and mobility devices to live as independently as possible,” Mr Bosotti said.
“Today’s pre-budget announcement that in 2015/16 an estimated $91 rebate would be provided to people needing to charge the battery for their electric wheelchair is great news. Any assistance to reduce the financial burden of purchasing, maintaining and indeed, powering these devices is a move in the right direction.”