GIVE THE GIFT OF A NEW START TO LIFE
Imagine being in the prime of your life, in the career of your choice, doing something you love. The world is your oyster and it seems like everything you touch turns to gold. Suddenly you are involved in an accident and not only does your life change in an instant but you feel everything crumbling down around you and you are powerless to stop it. Peter experienced this very event.
Through the ParaQuad NSW scholarship program, Peter was able to pick himself up and look at his career in a different light. Please click here for his story.
Your gift this Christmas could help others like Peter continue their profession or master new skills to help them have a fulfilling and rewarding career, allowing them to continue their financial independence after a spinal cord injury has occurred.
ParaQuad looks forward to bringing new opportunities to many more people like Peter through our scholarship program and your generous donations are invaluable.
Merry Christmas and thank you for your generous support.
Please click here to donate to the Christmas appeal.
DISCOVERING HOW DISABILITYCARE AUSTRALIA AND PARAQUAD WORKS WITH YOU
In NSW, the first stage of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been launched in the Hunter. Servicing the Hunter region for over 40 years, ParaQuad NSW is an experienced registered provider to support you with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Who will be eligible for support in the first stage locations of an NDIS?
When fully implemented, the NDIS will provide support to people who have a permanent and significant disability, which affects their ability to participate in the community or employment and requires care and support.
If you are a person with a disability and you meet the access requirements you can become a participant in the scheme. As a participant, you will be able to access NDIS individualised planning processes to identify the reasonable and necessary supports you need to enable you to achieve your goals. To get an idea about whether you meet the access requirements, you can use the My Access Checker which is available at www.disabilitycareaustralia.gov.au/my-access-checker. The tool is anonymous and will determine if you can access assistance from NDIS.
How can ParaQuad NSW assist me?
ParaQuad NSW is a registered NDIS provider in New South Wales that supports the following classes of support:
• Accommodation/tenancy assistance
• Assistance with daily personal activities and household tasks
• Assistive equipment for leisure, recreation, general tasks and demands
• Assistive products for household tasks
• Assistive technology specialist assessment, set up and training
• Participation in community, social and civic activities
• Specialised assessment of skills, abilities and needs
• Managing life stages, transitions and supports
• Assistive products for personal care and safety
• Development of daily living and life skills
• Management of funding for support under a participants plan
• Physical wellbeing activities
• Training for independence in travel and transport
Where can I find more information about the first stage?
Phone: 1800 800 110 Skype: 1800 800 110 FREE 8am-8pm (EST) weekdays