Formed in 1961, ParaQuad NSW (Paraplegic and Quadriplegic Association of NSW) is a not-for-profit member-based association that aims to support people with a spinal cord injury to achieve their choices in life.
ParaQuad continues to provide niche services including vital care, accommodation, support and clinical services to people with a spinal cord injury, their families and carers at every stage of life.
What we do
ParaQuad’s services include:
- Accommodation services for people with transitional and long term care needs.
- Information, advocacy and assistance.
- Personal Care Services which provides in-home support to people with a physical disability.
- Community Support and Wellbeing Service which provides specialist spinal nursing, occupational therapy and social work services.
- Scholarship Program for people with a spinal cord injury.
- Specialist Health Care Products such continence, wound care, skin care and mobility aids through BrightSky Australia.
- Training, Education and community awareness programs.
The services are designed to help our clients and members with spinal cord injury to have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the community.
ParaQuad is a registered charity with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.