ParaQuad NSW Community Services & Programs
ParaQuad NSW exists to support people with a spinal cord injury (SCI) to achieve their choices in life.
Since 1961, ParaQuad NSW has provided services to people with a SCI and other physical disabilities to have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the community.
ParaQuad’s Community Services consists of:
- Clinical Programs Team
The team offers specialist:
- spinal nursing
- occupational therapy and
- social work services to adults with an acquired SCI in NSW, the carers, family, friends as well as health professionals involved in their care
- peer support
The goal of the Clinical Program team is to promote health and well-being of adults with an acquired SCI in NSW. Click here for more details.
- Attendant Care Service -Home-based care services to people with a SCI and other physical disabilities.The goal of the Attendant Care team is to provide quality care and service to enable clients to live independently in their own communities. Click here for more details.
- Accommodation and Care is a service available to people who require modified and accessible accommodation (permanent or transitional). ParaQuad NSW has specialised and modified accommodation facilities at Ferguson Lodge, Lidcombe. Click here for more details.
- Education & Training is provided regularly to personal carers, people with SCI, corporates and other service providers. Click here for more details.
ParaQuad’s Community Programs are built on a solid foundation of:
- Sustainable funding.
- An expert, dedicated and committed workforce.
- Quality services and a commitment to meeting clients’ needs.
- Specialist knowledge and niche care.
- Accreditation and certification.
- Person centred approach.