Clinical Programs Team – Occupational Therapy
ParaQuad’s occupational therapy service provides consultation to adults with an acquired spinal cord injury, their carers and families, as well as health professionals.
Our Occupational Therapists can provide advice on:
- Wheelchairs and seating
- Pressure care
- Transfers (eg. bed, wheelchair, showering, equipment car etc)
- Upper limb overuse syndrome
- Ageing with SCI
- Environmental modifications and assistive technology (eg. environmental control
- Equipment to promote functional independence (e.g. Palmar bands)
- Functional techniques to promote independence in activities of daily living (eg. eating, drinking, dressing)
- Community resources
- Client advocacy and support.