Personal Care Services:
ParaQuad has been providing home-based personal care services since 1986. Our experience, dedication and person centred approach ensures our service is one of the best in the industry.
Personal care services play a vital role in the lives of people with high level physical disabilities by supporting them in their home to:
– achieve independence and dignity, and
– maintain an active lifestyles.
ParaQuad NSW is listed by Ageing, Disability and Home Care as an approved service provider for funded personal care (through the Community Support Program) in NSW and is Accredited by the Personal Care Information Management Systems.
The goal of the Personal Care team is to provide quality care and service to enable clients to live independently in their own homes and in the community.
To help people with a physical disability, ParaQuad’s Personal Care services include:
- Accessing recreational activities.
- Accessing community services.
- Assistance with meals.
- Dressing and grooming.
- Light domestic tasks.
- Preparing meals.
- Respite care so that your carer can have a break.
- Transferring in and out of bed.
These personal care services are continually assessed, reviewed and improved to meet the current needs of the market and to ensure certification and accreditation.
Benefits of ParaQuad’s Personal Care Services
- ParaQuad’s Personal Care services are tailored to suit the needs of each client.
- The service is regularly assessed to ensure best practice is used to maximise the independence of clients.
- Clients participate in decisions about their care.
- Clients are involved in the choice of their personal carers.
- Carers are employees of ParaQuad NSW so all insurances, training and legislative requirements are provided by ParaQuad.
- Carers are trained in delivering high needs care including on-the-job training in clients’ homes.
- As an additional service, clients can access the services of ParaQuad’s Community Health and Wellbeing Services team which provides a specialist consultancy service including nursing, occupational therapy and social work.
Eligibility to use ParaQuad’s Personal Care Services.
To be eligible to use ParaQuad’s personal care service the person has to have:
- a high level of physical disability, requiring in-home support; and
- an ‘Personal Care’ package (funded by ADHC); or
- funding from the government or insurance agencies; or
- ability to pay for their personal care needs themselves.
To apply to receive personal care support from ParaQuad NSW, please call ParaQuad’s Personal Care team on (02) 8741 5620 or email to . You may also call ParaQuad’s information Intake Line on (02) 8741 5674, if you need assistance in applying for funding for the Personal Care Package.
ParaQuad Self Managed Care – New to Newcastle LGA
Take control of your care
ParaQuad Self Managed Care is a new way to manage your care. It gives you total control of your care team and your care needs. We will take care of managing the funding package, maintain records on how the funding is spent, and manage payroll (including paying tax). We will also conduct an annual assessment of your home to assist you to identify any potential workplace hazards, and work with you to develop and review your care plan each year.
Why choose ParaQuad Self Managed Care?
ParaQuad Self Managed Care allows you to enjoy the benefits of being in charge of your own care, without the administrative burden, and with the reassurance that you are supported by an organisation that understands the legislative and regulatory requirements.
Who should consider ParaQuad Self Managed Care?
Self-Managed Care may be suited for you:• Fund your own care, or
• Live in the Newcastle Local Government Area (LGA) and will be eligible for a government funded care package under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
We plan to extend the offer to other regions in the near future.
Where can I get more information?
Contact ParaQuad to receive your FREE information pack and a consultation with your local ParaQuad representative:Phone: 1300 88 66 01
Are you a Personal Carer?
ParaQuad is looking for enthusiastic and passionate part time and casual personal carers to join our Personal Care program to work in Sydney and regional NSW. Click here for more details on how to apply for Personal Carers – Part Time and Casual, Sydney and regional NSW.
ParaQuad is a leader in Personal Care Training and offers extensive training and assistance to Personal Carers. Contact (02) 8741 5669 for more details on training.