September 7, 2017
Transport NSW has recently created the Draft Disability Inclusion Action Plan, which outlines strategies to ensure that the needs of the customer are placed at the centre of planning and decision-making for the transport system. This means delivering high quality services to all customers including those with disability.
The strategic objectives of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan are as follows:
- To deliver barrier free end to end journeys for all customers.
- To build accessibility into our business processes and systems.
- To provide accessible planning and cutting edge assistive technology.
- To ensure people with disability influence the future of transport in NSW.
- To become an employer of choice …
September 7, 2017
Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Week will be held this year from 4 – 10 September, and aims to combat misconceptions by showcasing the daily lives of people who have an injury and promoting greater inclusion throughout the community. This year’s theme is “I can”, challenging perceptions of what it means to have a spinal cord injury.
The national week is an initiative of the Australian Spinal Injury Alliance, which represents eight of the country’s largest spinal cord injury organisations.
Alliance organisations, including ParaQuad NSW and BrightSky Australia will …
June 13, 2017
Did you know over 42,000 people in Australia have a stoma at any given time? A stoma is an artificial opening in the body created as an alternative exit for body wastes (eg faeces or urine)
A percentage of those people are those with spinal cord injury due to bowel issues. Having a stoma though shouldn’t stop you from enjoying a normal life. Being in regular contact with a Stomal Therapy Nurse (STN) can make a world of difference in managing and maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.
A Stomal Therapy Nurse may provide:
May 31, 2017
The ACI State Spinal Cord Injury Service (SSCIS) invites you or your representative to attend the Workshop for the Model of Care for Children and Adults with Spinal Cord Injury on Friday 16 June 2017.
To register click on the link – Model of Care for Spinal Cord Injury Registration
The workshop program will include:
- Overview of the Model of Care Project and progress to date
- Key findings from the diagnostic phase including data analysis
- Presentation of the draft model of care – diagrammatic model, vision, principles, and essential components
- Seek endorsement of the model of care, vision, principles and essential components
- Identify current gaps
- Gain …
February 9, 2017
- The NSW State Spinal Cord Injury Service are looking for people with a spinal cord injury to join its network and participate in its work
- Join their committees, take part in their reference of project groups, help provide feedback on resources amongst other activities
- If you’re looking to make a difference in the spinal cord injury community and this interests you, contact the NSW SSCIS today
- Contact: m 0404 010 918 or email Frances.Monypenny@health.nsw.gov.au
- Closing Date: 30th April 2017
The NSW State Spinal Cord Injury Service, a clinical network of the Agency for Clinical Innovation, is seeking people with a spinal cord injury to join the network and …