Transport NSW has recently created the Draft Disability Inclusion Action Plan, which outlines strategies to ensure that the needs of the customer are placed at the centre of planning and decision-making for the transport system. This means delivering high quality services to all customers including those with disability.
The strategic objectives of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan are as follows:
- To deliver barrier free end to end journeys for all customers.
- To build accessibility into our business processes and systems.
- To provide accessible planning and cutting edge assistive technology.
- To ensure people with disability influence the future of transport in NSW.
- To become an employer of choice for people with disability.
To achieve these objectives, the plan contains actions organised under five outcome areas:
- Liveable Communities.
- Accessible Systems and Processes.
- Accessible Customer Information Technology and Research.
- Inclusive Customer Service and Feedback.
- Inclusive Employment.
Feedback for the Draft Disability Inclusion Action Plan is closing at the end of the month. If you have some time, make your voice heard by letting Transport NSW know what you think of their plan and any improvements that can be made.
Feedback can be provided until 30 September by emailing DIAP@transport.nsw.gov.au