What We Do
The Paraplegic & Quadriplegic Association of NSW, commonly known as ParaQuad NSW was set up in 1961 with the purpose of representing the needs of all people living with spinal cord injury (SCI). Since then, we have become one of the largest not-for-profit organisations focussing on supporting people of all ages living with spinal cord injury or other health conditions, to maximise their life choices, independence and quality of life in the long term.
We are committed to providing a range of services, supports and resources to enable people living with SCI to remain active in their communities and achieve their life goals. These services include:
- Specialist Nursing Services – providing assessments, advice and clinical support around a range of health areas including continence, skin care, wound care, pressure injuries, sexuality/fertility and health care planning
- Occupational Therapy – our therapists have specialist training in seating and wheeled mobility, equipment, pressure injury management and accessibility modifications.
- Social Work – offering a niche support service to people with a spinal cord injury, their families and carers during times of crisis and through a range of everyday problems.
- Peer Support – a team with a lived experience of disability who have expertise in supporting people to find the services they need.
- NDIS Assistance – through our NDIS hotline and our qualified ParaQuad support coordinators who can help put your NDIS plan into action, implement the funded services and supports, and manage your own plan in the long term.
- Access to Specialist Healthcare Products – through BrightSky Australia, we are able to offer a range of healthcare products to help maintain health and independence, delivered straight to your door.
- Personal Care – over 30 years' experience in boutique personal care, specialising in people with spinal cord injury or similar healthcare needs. Each of our personal carers has been trained by qualified health professionals.
- Supported Accommodation – a benchmark modern, well-equipped accommodation facility with 24/7 registered nurses care, set among a village green community setting.
ParaQuad NSW is here to support you to minimise the impact of spinal cord injury and ensure your journey is not undertaken alone.