Putting Your NDIS Plan into Action
Once your NDIS plan has been approved, it is now time to put the plan into action. There is plenty of support available to help get the ball rolling including:
- You should receive a call from the NDIS shortly after you have received your plan to discuss implementation.
- You may choose to work with your Local Area Coordinator (LAC) to implement your plan.
- You may choose to work with a support coordinator to implement your plan.
- You can contact ParaQuad NSW and we can help answer any questions you might have regarding your plan.
Your NDIS Plan - First Steps
Before starting anything, there are a couple of things you can do to kick things off:
1. Read and Understand Your NDIS Plan
When you receive your plan, it is important to take some time to read it through carefully. The plan will be split into three parts:
Part 1: About Me – This section is a short summary of you, your life and the people in your life.
Part 2: My Goals – This section lists the goals you discussed in the planning conversation and things you want to work towards during the plan.
Part 3: My Supports – This section outlines all of your “reasonable and necessary” funded supports, budgets, how the supports will be paid, when the supports can be accessed and the purpose of the supports. It will also outline supports that your family, friends, services or community groups can provide.
When reading through the plan, see if each part matches what you talked about during the planning conversation as well as how well the supports match what you need to achieve your goals. If there are any issues, it is best to contact your Local Area Coordinator (LAC) or the NDIS on 1800 800 110
2. Register to myGov and Link to Your NDIS Participant Portal
To help manage your NDIS funds and supports, you need to have access to:
- A myGov account – This is your one-stop access to government online services including the NDIS.
- Myplace NDIS Participant Portal – This is a part of your myGov account and is a secure website where you can access anything NDIS related.
So the first thing to do is to visit myGov and to set up an account. Afterwards, you can access the myplace NDIS Participant Portal. Through this portal, you can control a variety of NDIS related matters including:
- creating and viewing payment requests (previously known as claims)
- creating and managing service bookings (a new way of linking to a provider)
- viewing your contact details
- viewing messages from NDIS
- viewing referrals made for you
- instant messaging with your linked providers
- uploading required documents
- locate service providers
- viewing upcoming events
If you require assistance with setting up either the myGov or myplace accounts, you can contact:
- myGov - 132 307 (Monday to Friday 7am – 10pm and Saturdays & Sundays 10am – 5pm AEST)
- NDIS - 1800 800 110 (Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm local time)
- ParaQuad NDIS Hotline - 1300 662 822 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEST)
3. Connect With People to Start Your Plan
Depending on how you have elected to have your NDIS plan managed, you can connect with Local Area Coordinators (LACs) or support coordinators to help implement your plan or if you are self-managed, you can start the plan yourself.
At ParaQuad NSW, we also provide access to support coordinators who can help connect you to the supports and services you need. We can also help you with a range of core, capital and capacity building supports such as:
- continence assessments
- occupational therapy
- personal care
- specialist healthcare products