What is Support Coordination?
Support coordination is a type of funded support which you can request in your NDIS plan. Once you have received your plan, you can use a support coordinator who can help you implement your plan and put it into action. This includes informal, funded and community supports.
What Can Support Coordinators Do?
The role of a support coordinator is varied, but their main aim is to work with you to achieve your goals. This can include activities such as, but not limited to:
- helping you find, access and choose the right providers
- negotiating the services you need and the prices, helping you develop and understand service agreements and creating service bookings
- assisting in arranging assessments for quotable supports – such as home modifications, car modifications, etc
- liaising with plan managers to determine the breakdown of funds and to establish appropriate claim categories
- linking you with mainstream or community services such as housing, transport, education, recreational or health
- working with you to enhance your capacity to coordinate and manage your supports
- providing assistance to resolve any problems that arise regarding your plan
- supporting you through the plan review process including evaluating goal achievement, value for money, problems experienced and the consideration of new goals.
What Support Coordinators Don’t Do
Support coordinators can help you implement your plan, however there are some things that they are not funded to provide such as, but not limited to:
- commenting on the adequacy of your plan
- making requests for unscheduled plan reviews on your behalf
- participant transport
- plan administration or management
- support rostering
- disability supports
Why Choose ParaQuad Support Coordination?
As an NDIS registered provider of support coordination services, we have knowledgeable and friendly advisors who know the NDIS inside and out and have years of experience in supporting people with spinal cord injury and similar conditions to achieve their life choices.
Our support coordinators can enable you to:
- maximise the value for money of your services and supports
- build your capacity to genuinely exercise choice and control to achieve greater independence
- implement your NDIS plan quickly, easily and with minimal fuss
- explore and connect you with the community and informal supports
- understand and be able to better use the NDIS participant portal MyPlace
If you want to talk to someone about including support coordination in your plan or to learn more about what our support coordinators can do for you, call our ParaQuad NSW NDIS hotline on 1300 662 822 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org