The social worker can provide:
- Support to people to adjust to a new life, including a person with a disability and their family or friends
- Support to people to increase their daily living and life skills
- Access to social, community and recreational activities
- Navigating and obtaining appropriate support services and service providers
- Support to people to manage their finances and government benefits
- Accommodation and tenancy assistance
- Short-term counselling, sexual health and crisis intervention
ParaQuad Social Work
The aim and purpose of social work is different for every individual, however, its main aim is to help you adjust to new environments and situations. For you, this may mean adjusting to life with a disability and spinal cord injury, which can involve building new skills, capacity and resilience to live a more autonomous and independent life. Sometimes the people that support us most need support themselves. This is where social worker can support your loved ones.
ParaQuad’s social workers can offer help through counselling, advocacy, multilevel engagement and development in a variety of areas and are here to help you achieve your personal goals.
Our team is also expert in supporting people transitioning to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and can help clients, their families and carers to flourish under the NDIS.