Personal Care Services
ParaQuad has been providing home-based personal care services since 1986. Our experience, dedication and person-centred approach ensures our service is one of the best in the industry. Personal care services play a vital role in the lives of people with physical disability and the goal of the ParaQuad personal care team is to provide quality care to enable clients to achieve greater independence at home and in the community, maintain an active lifestyle and achieve their goals in life. For NDIS participants the Personal Care rate is as per the NDIS nominated rate.
To help people with physical disability, ParaQuad’s Personal Care services include:
- accessing recreational activities
- accessing community services
- assistance with meals
- dressing and grooming
- light domestic tasks
- preparing meals
- respite care so that your carer can have a break
- toileting and assistance with bowel and bladder care
- transfers in the home and in the community
These personal care services are continually assessed, reviewed and improved to meet the current needs of the market and to ensure certification and accreditation.
Benefits of ParaQuad’s Personal Care Services
- ParaQuad’s personal care services are tailored to suit the needs of each client.
- The service is regularly assessed to ensure best practice is used to maximise the independence of clients.
- Clients participate in decisions about their care.
- Clients are involved in the choice of their personal carers.
- Carers are employees of ParaQuad NSW so all insurances, training and legislative requirements are provided by ParaQuad.
- All carers are trained in delivering high needs care during a specialised carer training program prior to the provision of care. Once care is commenced, ParaQuad utilises an on-the-job buddy training system in clients’ homes to ensure smoother transition.
- As an additional service, all clients can access ParaQuad’s specialist range of clinical and community health services which provides specialist consultancy with clinical nurse consultants, occupational therapists, social workers and peer support.
Eligibility to use ParaQuad’s Personal Care Services
To be eligible to use ParaQuad’s personal care service the person has to have:
- a physical disability, requiring in-home support; and
- a ‘Personal Care’ package (funded by ADHC); or
- funding from the government or insurance agencies; or
- ability to pay for their personal care needs themselves.
To apply to receive personal care support from ParaQuad NSW, please call ParaQuad’s personal care team on
(02) 8741 5602 or email email@example.com
ParaQuad Self-Managed Care
Take control of your care
ParaQuad self-managed care is a new way to manage your care. It gives you total control of your care team and your care needs. We provide participants information to determine if the self-managed program is appropriate for your requirements. This will include an overview of your rights and responsibilities as the employer and what you will need to be familiar with, should you adopt the self-managed program.
In this program, you maintain your independence, choice, flexibility and control, while ParaQuad NSW provides the administrative support including:
- assisting you to set yourself up as an employer
- assisting you to advertise for carers
- processing the payroll of your carers including payment, taxation deductions, superannuation, etc.
- organising insurances such as workers compensation, public liability and professional indemnity
- assisting with workplace health and safety obligations, as required
- facilitating mandatory reporting requirements to your funding body, if required